Thursday, March 22, 2012

Gardening in March?



What is going on with this weather?  I heard on the radio this morning that 4 years ago we had a record snow storm of 15 inches on March 21.  I think we hit 80 degrees here yesterday.  This is Wisconsin people, we are supposed to be bundled up in our parkas until May.

I even thought about planting yesterday.  That's crazy, but I might sprinkle some wild flower seeds I have hanging around just to see what happens.

Here's a gardening tip from Nancy:
I like to plant using my hands sans gloves.  To keep the dirt from lodging under your fingernails, rub you nails across a bar of soap before you go out to plant. You might have to run some water over the bar of soap first, the idea is to get the soap lodged under your nails so the dirt won't.   It will feel weird at first, but your fingernail cleanup will be eliminated.  ~mpr


I've already started my Spring clean up, you can get some valuable tips here



No comments:

Post a Comment