Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ella is tan bonita

Ta da...we have a baby model. I made this dress and matching diaper cover for a co-worker's new granddaughter. Isn't she beautiful?

The pattern for the dress is based on one of my favorite blog's tutorial. I did shorten up the measurements for a new born, instead of 11 inches, I made the strips 10". No sense in making a diaper cover if you can't see it, right? Check out the blog here

There are plenty of tutorials out there for diaper covers too. I followed the instructions here With a few modifications. I used the 3-6 month size pattern and just made the elastic strips 1 inch shorter for both legs and waistband for a newborn. Worked great. One other modification I made was to sew those pesky seams down after zig zagging, why you ask? Two reasons, decreases the likelyhood that the seams may rip open AND when you run your elastic through the leg openings, the safety pin doesn't get caught up on the seam. And it looks good to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment