Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pineapple cake

My grandma Lucille was the baker in our family before she started losing her sight. She made this AMAZING pineapple cake, and I must get the recipe ASAP! Although as I made an angel food pineapple cake I thought of her. This was once again fueled by my pinterest obsession where I saw a pin of adding a 20oz can of crushed pineapple to an angel food cake mix. After baking the cake I sliced it in half and layered it with cool whip and strawberries. Then I topped it with more cool whip and strawberries. I planned on taking a picture, but it was GONE before I could. I think next time I will play around with the type of cake and filling, but keep the pineapple/strawberry combo. Hopefully it will be just as delicious, but I'll be able to snap a picture before it is all gone. Until then enjoy the pin that inspired this delicious cake!


~eem

No comments:

Post a Comment