Saturday, June 9, 2012

Never send a man to do "women's work"...

So this week I made a grocery list and sent my hubby to the store. On that list was "sugar cookie dough" to make mini-deep dish fruit pizzas. An idea from my pinterest obsession. I was excited to make them for my dear friend Maria's surprise baby shower at work. Wednesday night my hubby asked me to make him some of the cookies he bought, and in the drawer I found CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH. OY! So I made some for him and the next night I made some of the mini-cookies with the chocolate chip cookie dough. I was hesitant at first to try the fruit pizzas with the chocolate chip cookie base, but thought to myself... Chocolate covered strawberries are yummy... so what the heck! And they were delicious! So in this case my husband's accidental misread of the grocery list turned out to be a success! They were a big hit at the shower and I had coworkers asking for the "recipe". HA!

Here is a picture of the finished product!



Mini-deep dish Chocolate Chip Fruit Pizzas

Cookie Base:

1 package of break and bake chocolate chip cookie dough

Break the already divided cookie dough in half again so you get 48 pieces. Press each piece into the bottom of a mini muffin pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 5-7 minutes. Allow to rest in pan for 2 additional minutes after removing from oven. Cool on baking rack. Serve with Fruit Pizza Frosting and fruits of your choice.

Fruit Pizza Frosting

1 8oz package of softened cream cheese
1 8oz oz container of cool whip
1 package of Dream Whip
1/2 cup of milk
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients with hand mixer until smooth and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Enjoy! I also made a batch with sugar cookie dough and found that they took a little longer to bake and firm up... about 6-8 minutes, with 2 minutes of rest time out of the oven.

~eem

No comments:

Post a Comment