Monday, April 30, 2012

Triple P mac n cheese


My husband has dinner duties on the days he has off from work, that's just how we have worked it out. He likes to cook (thank you God) and after 31 years, I have run out of ideas. I've always made the homemade mac and cheese, it's one of the things I'm pretty good at. Introduce Kevin to the mix, it's not that he has to one up me, he just ends up doing it.

The photo above doesn't do it justice, but my camera's battery was dying and that's all I got before it shut off. I'm sure we'll be making this again (ok, he will be making this again).

Triple P Mac n Cheese
cooked 8 oz noodles (pick you favorite kind)
roux
sharp cheddar cheese (about 2 oz -1/2 cup shredded)
fontina (2 oz-1/2 cup shredded)
baby brick (2 oz-1/2 cup shredded)
salt and pepper to taste
The 3 P's
1 jalepeno pepper minced
1/2 cup red pepper minced
1/2 cup mini pepperoni

1/2 cup bread crumbs (we used dried)for topping

Add the cheese to the roux until nice and smooth (the roux recipe is in an earlier post)

Place your noodles into a oven safe dish, we used a 5 quart casserole dish. Add in the cheese sauce, then the peppers and pepperoni, salt and pepper to taste (a dash of each will do). Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top and bake for 30 min in a 350 degree oven.

Yummy~mpr

No comments:

Post a Comment