Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Lemon bars

I was fortunate enough to have all four grandparents live through my High School years and even now as I entered the year of my 30 mark, I have two out of the four. Chuck, Nancy's amazing husband, and Lucille, my southern grandma who calls everyone Sugar (pronounced Shugah). I guess it is fitting that her husband Al had a sweet tooth and was as skinny as a bean pole. As I was wasting time on pinterest, I found a recipe for Strawberry Lemon bars and was instantly zapped back in time to when my Grandma Lucille would make lemon squares upon request. Not sure if she made them from scratch or from a box... Not sure if I really want to know the answer, because either way, they were DELICIOUS! And as I baked these tonight, I thought of her. I will take her one this weekend when I bring her broccoli cheddar soup. I only hope she enjoys it as once I enjoyed her lemon squares.





-eem

No comments:

Post a Comment