Monday, July 29, 2013

Six Cheese GF Mac-N-Cheese

I have continued to experiment with gluten free cooking and baking and so far I've only had one failure... Pie crust... But I digress.

Tonight I made a delicious variation of my creamy Mac-N-Cheese. I was nervous because it required a roux, something I haven't tried making since going GF. SUCCESS!

Here is the recipe:

Serves 4

Half a box GF Scharr Penne Pasta (boiled for 9 minutes)
1/2 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup 5 cheese shredded Italian blend cheese
1 cup milk

3TBS butter
3TBS Mom's Place GF flour blend

Melt butter in pot over medium heat. Whisk in flour and whisk for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and pour into a bowl.

Heat milk in a separate pot and bring to almost a boil. Whisk in roux. Once smooth, begin adding your cheese a little at a time until melted.

Pour over your cooked noodles!

Sorry no picture! It got devoured before I could take one!

-eem

No comments:

Post a Comment