Saturday, September 1, 2012

Oat Streusel Topped Banana Bread


Picture to post soon!

I love baking banana bread, but I have always been too impatient to let butter soften when I have ripe bananas attracting fruit flies! You would think I could plan that better, but that has never been the case. So when I was in college I found this recipe that cured my lack of planning. I've spruced it up with nuts or chocolate chips but the hubby is a banana bread "purest"... He doesn't mind nuts, but isn't a fan of chocolate chips... GRUMBLE... So I hope he likes my latest creation, if not... MORE FOR ME! I added a classic streusel topping and in true Nancy style I didn't measure things, except the butter.

I started with 3 TBS of butter (zapped in the microwave for 10 sec) and then added some brown sugar, cinnamon, oats and flour until the consistency looked right. For those of you who measure, use this recipe.

Ingredients

1/4 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup quick cooking oats

No comments:

Post a Comment